Common Framework and Indicators
- Helping cities establish baselines, targets, plans, policies, measures, and verification; Distilling best thinking into an understandable set of components;
- Illuminating how the components function to maintain sustainability;
- Detailing paths to success that are scalable and easily adaptable to local conditions; and Facilitating widespread adoption through collaboration and comparison.
- Advancing practical, leveragable and transferable solutions;
- Establishing new model policies that increase city sustainability and; Demonstrating city sustainability at a systemic level.
- Inspiring, informing and motivating city leaders;
- Triggering a movement for city sustainability; and
- Identifying trends, suggesting alternatives and inspiring best practices.